And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
Speaker for Sunday: Nelson Mead, The Life of Joseph
Communion: Charlie Becker
Bible Class: Erica Stupke
Please Pray For:
- Continue to pray for BJ and Sara Louise Newcomer (BJ is Sharon Cleek’s nephew) who continue to recover from their many injuries but still have a long road ahead of them. Pray for complete and total healing.
- Polly Miner is having some better days but other days she is still in significant pain. Continue to pray for God’s mercy and healing to be upon her.
- Praise Report for Kathleen Harmon. She is finally home after 8 weeks! Praise the Lord! She still needs prayer for healing in her legs.
- Pray for our new director of Hardesty House, Anjanette Brown, as she gets to know the ladies and adjusts to her new position.
- Pray for continued efforts for finding food and housing for over 4 million refugees fleeing Ukraine. Pray for peace talks to bring this war to a quick end.
Living Pearl Children’s Home is a place to meet children’s physical needs of food and shelter and to show them God’s love and compassion. Living Pearl Orphanage is still in need and you can still give at https://myglobal.org/make-a-donation
Good Friday, April 15 – The churches of Dryden and the surrounding area will carry a cross through the village on our Good Friday “Cross Walk.” As we read the scriptures depicting the events leading to Calvary, we will offer a silent but public witness to the community of the salvation Christ brings. Participants are welcome to join in the reading of scripture, or to shoulder the cross at any segment. The event takes place entirely outdoors. Gather in the village green at noon; our walk begins and ends in front of the Dryden United Methodist Church. All are welcome.
Easter Celebration for the whole family at Asbury Church, Lansing Campus on Wednesday, April 13th, and at the Dryden Campus on Tuesday, April 12th, from 7-8pm. See bulletin board for registration details.
|PRAYER MEETINGS |
Sundays 9:00 am: Prayer for the morning service meets in the Prayer Tower
Fridays 7:00-8:30 pm: CLC Prayer – In-person or via Zoom (Zoom link reusable each week, sent via email weekly)
First Saturday monthly 7:00-8:00 pm: CFP Prayer – dial (205) 825.9187 to join
Weekend Backpack Program
April – YooHoo
Providing items for the Weekend Backpack Program is a concrete way to invest in your community. All items are distributed to students at the Dryden Elementary School. Items can be put in the labeled basket by the administrative desk.
Join us at 10:00 am Sunday morning for worship via Zoom. Link and song sheets are emailed each week.
Tips for a successful meeting:
– Log in to Zoom before the meeting starts. (The link is reusable each Sunday.)
– Mute your microphone.
– Familiarize yourself with the chat function for communication with the Zoom moderator.
If you have an announcement for the Update please submit it by Thursday at 10:00 am to email@example.com.